Learn more and request your appointment below!
What If I Have Missing Teeth?
Missing teeth can be result of Accident, Gum disease, tooth decay, or a genetic condition etc. Unlike your baby teeth, adult teeth are meant to last. Missing teeth can be uncomfortable and unsightly and also cause health problems, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer, trouble with chewing, talking, and chronic headaches and lot more. Missing tooth/teeth is a serious health problem. Missing teeth could also increase your risk of an oral infection, which could spread to the rest of your body and cause more serious issues.
Missing teeth is a big facial cosmetic problem that many people forced to live with. Missing teeth are more than a unsightly smile, it affects entire personal, social and love life of a person. Yes, Missing teeth can have serious physical and psychological implications that include:
- Difficulty Chewing and digestive problems; missing teeth makes it difficult to chew. It can cause to eat less or eat different foods, often resulting in poor nutrition.
- Shifting Teeth; after missing tooth, other teeth shift. You may see them gap or crowd each other. Teeth on the opposite jaw of the missing teeth grow out the gum and jaw and cause root exposure, root decay and loss of perfectly normal teeth.
- Speech issue; which can be embarrassing and affect self-confidence, just like physical appearance.
- Bone loss; missing teeth can actually cause bone loss in the jaw and face and change facial structure. In most cases, this leads to looking older and the face shrinking in.
- Early aging: without your teeth to support the skin around the mouth, the skin can start to sag making those with missing teeth appear much older.
- Mental health issues; a 2014 studyfound a link between missing teeth and both depression and anxiety.
- Lack of self confidence; a 2015 studyby the American Dental Association found that 23% of people reported embarrassment and avoidance of smiling due to their missing teeth.
- Missed job opportunities; Study mentioned above showed almost 30% of people surveyed felt the appearance of their teeth affected their ability to get a job.
- And much more…
Estimated almost 190 million North Americans missing a tooth (or two). These people don’t have to continue suffering. There are solutions for missing teeth problems. First step is to have a consult with us to find the best solution for your missing teeth problems.
Dental Implants: Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth. Dental Implants are Secure and stable, permanent, feel and function like real teeth! Dental implants are almost always the best option for replacing missing teeth.
Bridges: Bridges are another possible option when only one or a few teeth are missing. A bridge will be supported by the teeth on either side. Dental bridges will eventually need to be replaced.
Dentures: Dentures are often considered a last resort if dental implants are absolutely not an option. They are often uncomfortable, most patients will experience bone loss/atrophy and the early aging associated with dentures.
We, of course, can help you find the best way to solve your missing teeth problems. Don’t live any longer with the physical or emotional discomfort of missing teeth. Regardless of the cause for missing teeth, teeth should be replaced to avoid other serious dental and health issues. Missing teeth can cause major digestive issues as well as other diseases. Digestive system start with moth and teeth. Facial and aesthetic of the face are vastly related to the teeth. If you’re looking to replace a lost tooth or make adjustments to the overall appearance of your mouth, there are different treatment options available.
Missing teeth can affect your smile and facial appliance drastically.
Dental Implant cost will vary depending on several factors, on average, the estimated cost of a single tooth dental implant ranges starting from $999.
Missing Teeth Can Hurt Your Oral and general Health.
Whether you’re missing teeth because of tooth decay, gum disease, or an injury… it is a very serious issue. Call Now and talk to us about options for replacing a missing tooth.
The cost will vary depending on the replacement option, the number of teeth you need to replace, and even your location.
Some health insurances may cover the replacement cost, or at least some of it. If not, some dental offices offer payment or financing plans.
We strive to...
Treat you the same way we like to be treated ourselves
Educate ourselves by taking more continuing education credits than required
Invest in dental technology and supplies
Challenge ourselves and our team to be the best
Insurance & Billing
We accept all major insurance providers and can direct bill your provider for your convenience. Please contact our friendly staff to learn more about Insurance & Billing.
Why Choose Our Practice
Kind & Hospitable
You can talk to us. We will ease your anxiety and assure that you are fully informed by answering all of your questions. When all is said and done, we can even have fun.
We Embrace Change
We know that dentistry is not what is used to be. At Dentist @ False Creek we embrace technology to ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Over 260 Google Reviews!
We value what you have to say and we constantly work to satisfy your needs. Our quality of service is because of you and your great feedback. We are proud to have over 260 Google reviews.
We Love Our Patients!
Our reviews are censured by the dental college - please click on the links to view our Google listing and RateMD listing. We love reading all of the positive feedback we get! We are proud to have over 260 Google reviews :)
We are so thankful to have such amazing patients who have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and other online sources.
Dentist @ False Creek
Contact us and let us help you achieve your smile goals today.
1681 Manitoba St
Vancouver, BC V5Y 0B8
Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thur: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
© 2020 Dentist @ False Creek
Built with Connect the Doc