Root Canal Treatment
Learn more and request your appointment below!
What is Root Canal Treatment?
“Root canal treatment” or root canal therapy is often straightforward procedure to relieve dental pain and save teeth. Patients usually need root canal treatment when there is infection or irreversible inflammation in the roots of a tooth. During root canal treatment appointment, your dentist after completely numbing the tooth, carefully re-moves the nerve inside the tooth. Then dentist cleans and disinfects the root canals, and places a special filling material to seal the root canals.
The cost of root canal treatment varies depending on the situation of the tooth, number of roots and canals and so on. We can provide the estimate before proceeding with the treatment. Fun facts about root canal therapy:
• Root canal treatment or Root Canal therapy is the procedure to remove nerves from the pulp of a tooth painlessly.
• It is often pain-relieving treatment.
• The procedure often referred to as root canal treatment is called Endodontic therapy.
• Root canal treatment or therapy costs vary, but it is a less costly option than having a tooth removed and replaced with a crown or bridge.
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, is often a painless and routine dental treatment for removing infection from inside a tooth. It can also protect the tooth from future infections. Treatment takes one appointment, but if there are curved canals, multi-canals, or large infections, could take one or two additional appointments.
What are the Root Canal Treatment steps?
Root canal therapy is done in few steps, and it takes between one and three appointments to complete.
- Cleaning the root canal: First, the dentist numbs the tooth completely and removes everything that is inside the root canal. With the patient under local anesthesia, and very comfortable, the dentist makes a small access hole on the surface of the tooth and removes the infected or inflamed or dead pulp tissue.
- Filling the canal: Next, the dentist cleans, widens and shapes and disinfects the canal or canals. Front teeth normally have one canal, premolars 1 or 2, and dollars between 2-5 canals. Using tiny files and irrigation solutions dentist cleans them all. Then, the root canals filled with a special filling material. Sealers usually used to seal the canals completely. After root canal therapy, the tooth is not vital. The patient will no longer feel any pain in that tooth because the nerve tissue has been removed, and the infection has been eliminated.
- Adding a crown or filling: The tooth will be now more dry and fragile than it was before. The tooth will become more brittle, so a crown or filling offers great protection.
Before Crown is placed permanently, patient should avoid chewing or biting on the tooth which had Root canal treatment. Once Crown is done, patient can enjoy using the tooth as before.
We strive to...
Treat you the same way we like to be treated ourselves
Educate ourselves by taking more continuing education credits than required
Invest in dental technology and supplies
Challenge ourselves and our team to be the best
Insurance & Billing
We accept all major insurance providers and can direct bill your provider for your convenience. Please contact our friendly staff to learn more about Insurance & Billing.
Why Choose Our Practice
Kind & Hospitable
You can talk to us. We will ease your anxiety and assure that you are fully informed by answering all of your questions. When all is said and done, we can even have fun.
We Embrace Change
We know that dentistry is not what is used to be. At Dentist @ False Creek we embrace technology to ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Over 260 Google Reviews!
We value what you have to say and we constantly work to satisfy your needs. Our quality of service is because of you and your great feedback. We are proud to have over 260 Google reviews.
We Love Our Patients!
Our reviews are censured by the dental college - please click on the links to view our Google listing and RateMD listing. We love reading all of the positive feedback we get! We are proud to have over 260 Google reviews :)
We are so thankful to have such amazing patients who have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and other online sources.
Dentist @ False Creek
Contact us and let us help you achieve your smile goals today.
1681 Manitoba St
Vancouver, BC V5Y 0B8
Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thur: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
© 2020 Dentist @ False Creek
Built with Connect the Doc